vlog 10: reflection on the semester

Here is my vlog on my thoughts about this semester and the different modules that we have learned about.

<iframe
width=”600″
height=”338″
frameBorder=”0″
src=”https://flip.com/s/U3iKWkDG5K85?embed=true&#8221;
webkitallowfullscreen
mozallowfullscreen
allowfullscreen
allow=”microphone; camera; display-capture”></iframe>

2 Comments on vlog 10: reflection on the semester

1. gabbyl918
    April 29, 2024 at 1:27 pm (3 weeks ago)

Hi Jillian great job on your vlog post this final week! I agree that this course seemed a little overwhelming at first, but once I got the hang of it I enjoyed doing my blog or vlog posts every week. I also put the mindfulness module as one of my favorites as well. I think mindfulness is an important factor that is starting to be implemented in classrooms now, as it has been shown to help improve student’s performance and overall well-being. However, since I plan on being a high school teacher and you would like to be an elementary teacher, I wonder if our mindfulness techniques would be different because of the large age gap between our students. I would love to know what another one of your favorite modules was for this semester, especially from the perspective of a future elementary school teacher. The differing opinions would interest me and give me a wider point of view of all types of teachers. Great job and have a great summer!

Reply
  2. alyssab77
    May 2, 2024 at 12:12 am (3 weeks ago)

Hey Jillian. Great work on your final vlog post this week! I totally relate to finding the course a bit overwhelming initially, but like you once I settled in it became a rewarding journey. I couldn’t agree more about the mindfulness module it’s very important and I’m glad we both found value in it. Considering our future teaching paths and us both aiming for elementary, I’m curious about the differences and similarities in how we might approach mindfulness with our students. Do you think the techniques would vary significantly depending on the age group you are placed with in the elementary schools? Since we’re both going into elementary teaching, I’d love to hear about another favorite module of yours, especially from the perspective of one future elementary teacher to another. It’s always fascinating to see how varied our preferences can be and how they shape our teaching outlooks. Overall, you did a wonderful job on your vlog post and I hope you have an amazing summer and amazing semesters to come!

Reply